How I work...
- COLLABORATIVELY... I actively engage with you to explore new ways to respond to your current circumstances.
- CLIENT DRIVEN... I listen to what's important to you, not what I think you should be talking about.
- BALANCED... I am not a silent and unresponsive therapist. Nor do I talk the whole time. Together we will find a balance of engagement that is effective, attuned to your needs, and clinically supportive.
- WEEKLY... Therapy is a process that requires time and commitment. Just like working out or learning a new skill, successful therapy takes time, dedication, and application. I am committed to supporting you on this journey.
- MIND-BODY APPROACH... Our brain and body are two parts of one complex and intricately connected system. Our thoughts and feelings are largely responsible for how we perceive ourselves and the world. Both contribute to keeping us stuck in negative patterns and belief systems. Thoughts lead to insight and feelings lead to action. Both are equally important. Through our therapy we will build a bridge integrating this complex system.
- HERE AND NOW... I utilize strategies that focuses on your experience "in the moment." Although, our past experiences and relationships do impact how we show up in the present we can explore these impactful experiences in the present moment.
- CULTURAL SENSITIVITY... I respect and celebrate the diversity in all of life: culture, race, sexual orientation, neurodiversity, spirituality, class, and whatever context shapes you.
- TRUAMA INFORMED... My work is trauma informed, trauma sensitive, and supported by many trauma sensitive approaches such as Somatic Experiencing and Sensory Motor Psychotherapy. I collaborate with you to create a healthy pace in therapy as well as to develop your capacity to be resourced, anchored, and connected in the moment while exploring sensitive material.
- MINDFULNESS... Therapy is an opportunity to develop tools to slow down, feel more grounded, and build awareness. Mindfulness equips us with skills to become more present with ourselves and others, and to be more connected in the moment.
- NEUROSCIENCE... Our brains literally develop in relationship with people. The quality and frequency of stimulation we receive from our outside environment stimulates the different parts of our brains to develop. Fortunately, neuroplacisity shows us that our brains have the ability to grow and develop throughout our lives, meaning parts of our brain that did not receive proper stimulation to fully develop still can grow and change in adulthood.
- ATTACHMENT RESEARCH... Current research tells us that how we deal with stress, emotions, and life in general is learned through our relationship with our caretaker(s) in the first few years of our lives. Therapy offers us an opportunity to understand ourselves and to restructure the parts of ourselves that are keeping us from having meaning full relationships.
- DEPTH THERAPY.... This technique addresses the underlying issues that contribute to our conflicts and dilemmas. Instead of focusing on a specific symptoms or situation (or the tip of the iceberg), depth therapy specializes in going below the surface of the water to understand the unconscious processes that drive our thoughts, behaviors, and ambivalences. Depth therapy illuminates our systemic blind spots that keep us stuck in negative cycles, providing us with an opportunity to transform our lives in order to live life with more clarity, creativity, confidence, and flexibility.
Individual (50min): $140
Couples (50min): $160 (75min): $200 (90min): $240
Family (75min) $200 (90min) $240
I offer a limited number of sliding scale spots on a case by case basis. Call for a free 20 minute consultation 510.473.8502.